The rise of smartphones and social media has changed how people manage their health and fitness. The top advantage of using apps is you can manage nutrition, weight loss and weight management by using them. The start-up industry has responded to the growing demand for fitness apps by creating some popular apps for a wide range of people.
Top fitness apps
There are two types of fitness apps – the free and paid options. Take a look below at the top apps you can use to take control of your health & fitness:
- RunKeeper: This mobile app is available on Android and iPhone and it is geared towards runners who are preparing for a goal such as running long distances. It is also able to monitor your heart-rate which is ideal if you want to see how well you are doing. This app is free for download.
- Nike+ Running App: This is one of the most sophisticated fitness apps on the market. You can monitor the calories that you have burned as well as your pace of how you are running. The app is available on iPhone and Android. This app can be linked to Facebook which is ideal for runners who want to share their progress and workouts with like-minded friends. It is a free app for download from the App Store.
- Couch to 5K: This app has a unique twist on encouraging people to become fit. Users download the app to be ready to run a 5K race in 9 weeks. This app is available on the iPhone and it is a paid app.
- Vitogo: This app helps you remain focused to meet your fitness goals. You put in what goals you want to achieve and the app lets you know how you should proceed. It is available on the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is also a paid app available for purchase.
There are plenty of benefits that come with using fitness apps when you are creating a workout plan. Decide on whether you want to tone or become lean. Once you know what your goals are, you can reap the rewards of these apps which include:
- They can be customised: The top advantage of fitness apps is they can be customised to meet your requirements. Customisation is determined by you and the technology of the app.
- They make you more accountable: One reason why people like using social media apps is they make you responsible for your fitness decisions. Since many people use their smartphones every day, it is easier to be accountable for being physically active because you know that there is an app on your phone that will help you achieve the body you want.
- They track progress for you: A difficult aspect of health and fitness is tracking how you are doing. The technology that builds fitness and workout apps has evolved to the point where they can monitor how you are doing better than before.
Apps and software are tools that users can take advantage of to manage how their workouts are progressing for them. Use technology to ensure that your fitness regime flourishes.
Guest post by contributing author, Linda Michelle. Linda is a freelance blogger, with a keen interest towards health and exercise, and starts every day with the best oblique exercises.